You can purchase a name change via the Account Manager for 2000 AdventureCoins.
How to Change Your Name
- After logging into the Account Manager, choose Change Username to the left and then you can pick a new username. You will be charged 2000 AdventureCoins.
- If you need to purchase AdventureCoins, you can purchase them via the AQWorlds Payment Page or in-game.
- The name you choose has to be one that is currently available. You can search for a character name to see if it available via Character Lookup.
- There is a 4 letter minimum for names for newly created accounts and a 3 letter minimum for established accounts.
How to get a Name that is Not Available
- If there is a name you want for an account that was deleted, you will have to wait for it to be purged from our system which could take up to 30 days after it was deleted.
- If you want a name for an account that seems inactive, it will only be available if the account has been inactive for a very long time, but there are no guarantees.
- There are certain accounts that will never be deleted, including accounts that were upgraded, accounts that have emails that were confirmed or accounts that were verified with other game accounts, accounts that are permanently banned/disabled, and accounts/names used by former or current Staff members.
- If you just changed your name and want your previous name back, you will have to wait the normal 30 days for the account name to be purged and be available to use again
- If someone is harassing you in-game about your name, please report and ignore them in game with /report playername and /ignore playername.
- If you create an account or change your username to an inappropriate username, your account may be banned, disabled or deleted. Your name may also be changed back to what it was before and you will not be refunded your 2000 AdventureCoins.
- If you purchase a name change and then decide you no longer want that name, you cannot have it changed back. You are welcome to purchase another name change. Please choose your new name carefully!
Names are first come first serve and you cannot request Artix Support to give you a particular name or to purge an account so you can have a name.
More information can be found in the Design Notes post: Name Changes are Live!