In compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ('COPPA') and the EU’s GDPR-K (‘General Data Privacy Regulation-Kids) act, we have adopted the following policies regarding children under the age of consent in their country of residence. The “age of consent” is 13 years old within the United States and 16 years old for the majority of the European Union.
Important COPPA points for Parents:
- We do not collect or require your child to provide any personally identifiable information to create a Free Account if we know them to be under the age of consent within their country of residence.
- Whenever Artix Entertainment is aware that a child is under the age of consent, we require them to submit a parent/guardian’s email address for account creation and communication.
- We do not collect or store any additional personal information given by underage users contacting us with questions or issues, and will only use the information while/if it is necessary for us to respond.
- Artix Entertainment does not share, sell, rent or trade, your child's personal information to any third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Giving us consent to use your child’s information does not automatically grant consent for its disclosure to third parties.
- To create an upgraded Subscriber Account, we require a parent or guardian’s email address and correct billing address.
- The receipt of payment is considered actual, verifiable consent by a parent/legal guardian to the child’s use of our website, and to any information that was divulged as reasonably necessary to process payments, verify, and maintain the account.
To see the full text of our COPPA compliance policy, please go here.