Deleting a Free Account
WARNING: Once an account is deleted, it is gone forever!
- Go to the MechQuest Account Manager (Manage Your Account)
- Login to Account Management
- Click on Delete Account to the left
- You will see a message that states: "Deleting the account will completely delete all your information from our system and it cannot be recovered. Please click the delete button to continue."
- If you still want to delete your account, click Delete
- Your account is deleted
If someone created an account with your email address without your permission, please delete the account this way or contact Artix Support.
Deleting a Paid Account
Accounts that have purchased a StarCaptain upgrade or NovaGems cannot be deleted due to the payment records associated with them. Paid accounts can be disabled upon request.
* Paid accounts cannot be deleted through the Account Manager, either.
Deleting a Paid Character
Characters that have received an upgrade directly (StarCaptain upgrade or NovaGems) cannot be deleted due to the payment records associated with them. You can delete other characters on the account.
Deleting a Free Character
Please note, you can delete a free character with Founder status, but then you will no longer have Founder status. This is because your Founder status was tied to the date you created your character. Founder status was only available when MechQuest was first released, and is no longer available to new characters.
If you do delete a free character by mistake, please contact Artix Support.
Here is how to delete a character:
- Login in to your account at www.MechQuest.com by choosing the Play button
- Choose the character you want to delete
- Click the Delete Character button to the left
- If you are sure you want to delete that character, enter your password and click delete
- Your character is deleted
Automatic Account and Character Deletion
If you created a free account with a very low level character and have not logged in for an extended period (6 months or longer), the account and/or characters may be deleted due to inactivity. If this happens, you will need to create a new account and character.