You can now download the Artix Games Launcher and can play DragonFable without a browser!
For problems logging in
- Make sure your account name and password are correct in the Account Manager
- Check www.DragonFable.com for announcements about server maintenance
- Avoid using cheat programs! Your account may be disabled for using them.
NOTE: To get the best, fastest help possible, try all of the steps below before contacting Artix Support. 99% of technical problems are solved by clearing your browser's cache/temporary internet files/recent history/cookies and restarting your computer.
- Completely close out of all internet browsers
- Clear your browser's cache (Here is also a great WikiHow page for further assistance on how to clear your browser's cache.)
- Restart your computer and try to login again
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash Player plugin for your web browser - we now have the Artix Games Launcher, so we suggest using that instead.
- Try using a different web browser. (We recommend using Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.)
- Try using a different computer or internet connection to see if that resolves the issue.
- Scan your computer for any viruses, spyware, trojan software or ad-ware.
- Try temporarily turning off your Anti-Virus software, Anti-Spyware, Parental Controls, Firewalls, etc. Some of these can block the Flash Plugin.
Able to log in, then nothing happens
- If you can log in and choose a character, but then cannot play, your computer or local network may be blocking our game port (5588).
- Turn off any firewall software and try playing again.
- If that works: your firewall is blocking port 5588. Check your firewall documentation for how to open a specific port.
- If that doesn't work: turn off anything else that might be interfering with your connection to the game servers. This includes any software or extra configuration that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may have provided for you to speed up your net connection.
Able to play on other computers
If you can login and play from a different computer or internet connection, the problem is specific to your computer or internet connection. Contact your computer manufacturer for more support.
Cannot log in, seeing old version
If you cannot login and play from a different computer/internet connection and are seeing an old version of the game, your Internet Service Provider (or school, work or library network) are storing an old version of the game files on their network.
ISPs clear out their storage on a schedule (usually once a day) but may take longer. Contact your ISP for more information.