If you are having a technical issue with the game while playing via Steam, we have several options you can try to fix the issue.
Please read through and try these troubleshooting options:
- Have you updated to the latest patch? - Read the Patch Notes for more information.
- Have you tried clearing the games' cache? - Click the gold gear at the top left of the login screen to clear the game cache.
- Have you restarted Steam? - This can help resolve issues updating the game or receiving an update.
- Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game? - Sometimes this fixes issues with new updates.
- Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Steam? - Sometimes Steam just needs a fresh install.
- Have you checked your Internet connection? - You must play our game using a stable Internet connection.
- Have you updated your graphics drivers? - Some specific laptops/desktops do not have up to date graphics drivers that can cause issues.
- Can you please other games on Steam normally? - This is to make sure the issue is just with our game and not Steam.
- Are you able to play the game successfully on a mobile device? - This is to make sure the issue is with Steam, not the game.
- Are you playing the game using a desktop shortcut and not the Steam client? - We only support playing the game using the Steam client, playing any other way can cause issues.
- For UI (interface) issues - have you turned your keybindings off using hot keys? Check your keybindings to see if you have accidentally turned your UI off using a hotkey! You can find the keybind settings in the Main Menu.
If you click PLAY via the game in Steam and no screen shows to login, there be an error in the display settings if you are using Windows 10. You can change your settings by going to windows settings > display > display adapter properties > Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Graphics Properties > maintain aspect ratio > apply.
If none of these troubleshooting options fix the issue, you can also send Artix Support your 'output log' or 'crash log' that is logged once you try to login to the game and it 'crashes' such as not being able to connect to a server.
Here is how you can find your output log for PC:
- Go to the folder where Steam is installed
- Go to Steam\steamapps\common\AdventureQuest3D\AQ3D_Data
- Find the file called "output_log.txt"
Here is how you can find your crash log for Mac:
And your player log for Mac:
Please attach this file to your response to Artix Support so we can forward it to the AQ3D Team so they can investigate further.
If your screen is pink, please read the News post about this unfortunate issue.
If you are having a Steam resolution issue, click the gold gear at the top left of the screen and go to Game Settings, and click the computer icon at the left to change your resolution.
If you need to change your Steam key bindings, click the gold gear at the top left of the screen and go to Game Settings, and click the keyboard key icon at the left to change your key bindings.
Please note - it is also possible that your Internet Service Provider is blocking our game for some reason, especially if you try all of the options above and you can play other Steam games. Sometimes ISP's will block our game for some reason and contacting them directly can help resolve this issue.
If none of these options work for you, please contact Artix Support. If you actually are having an issue with an in-game bug, please report it to the Bug Tracker.