If you are having a technical issue with the game using Steam, where you cannot login due to crashing, disconnections, etc, we have several options you can try to fix the issue:
Please read through and try these troubleshooting options:
- Have you checked the Login Problems help page? - Check it here!
- Have you updated to the latest version/patch? - Read the Design Notes for more information.
- Have you cleared Steam's download cache? - Please go to the Steam settings, click Downloads and then Clear Download Cache.
- Have you restarted Steam? - This can help resolve issues updating the game or receiving an update.
- Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game? - Sometimes this fixes issues with new updates.
- Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Steam? - Sometimes Steam just needs a fresh install.
- Have you checked your Internet connection? - You must play our game using a stable Internet connection. If you are playing somewhere with restricted internet access (school, library, cafe, etc), this may affect your connection. You can also run a Google speed test or you can review the Latency Meter where you can check your connection. If your ping is consistently bad for two seconds, you will see a message that says 'poor connection.' You can let Artix Support know your ping value for further investigation.
- Is something on your end blocking the game? - it is possible that your Internet Service Provider is blocking our game for some reason, and you can contact them directly can help resolve this issue. Other programs that can block our game are anti-virus software, firewalls, specific router configurations, and other programs or modifications to your network, computer or router. You can also be blocked if you are blocked from other online servers, social media, etc you use.
- Have you updated your graphics drivers? - Some specific laptops/desktops do not have up to date graphics drivers that can cause issues. You can also try lowering the game's graphic settings.
- Can you play other games on Steam normally? - This is to make sure the issue is just with our game and not Steam.
- Are you able to play the game successfully on a mobile device? - This is to make sure the issue is with Steam, not the game. If you are also having an issue playing via a mobile device, here is our Help Page for more troubleshooting options.
- Are you playing the game using a desktop shortcut and not the Steam client? - We only support playing the game using the Steam client, playing any other way can cause issues.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT clear the game's cache, this actually can cause more issues. Only clear cache if directed by the Artix Support Team when communicating with them.
If none of these troubleshooting options fix the issue, the developers may need access to your crash/player log files so they can investigate further. The Player log is automatically logged once you try to login to the game and it 'crashes' where you can't login to a server or a similar issue happens.
Here is how you can find your Player Log for PC/Windows:
- Close the game
- Open the Run command or press the Windows Logo Key + R
- Paste: %APPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Artix Entertainment, LLC\
- Right-click on AQ3D folder and choose “Compress to ZIP file” option
If you still can’t find your log, try to manually going to the following directory:
- C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Artix Entertainment, LLC\AQ3D
- Find the file named "Player.log"and“Player-prev.log”
Please note: the AppData folder may be hidden by default. Show hidden folders by changing the configuration.
Here is how to find your crash log for PC/Windows:
- Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Artix Entertainment, LLC\AQ3D\Crashes
- There will be a dated folder created for each crash; the folder will contain both the crash log AND the output log for that session
- Find the files named "crash.dmp", "error.log", and "output_log.txt"
Here is how you can find your crash log for Mac:
And your Player Log for Mac:
Close the game
On the Finder menu bar, click ‘Go’ and select ‘Go to Folder…’
Paste: ~/Library/Logs/Artix Entertainment, LLC/
Right-click on AQ3D folder and choose “Compress” option
If you still can’t find your log, try these following steps:
- Click ‘Go’ and hold down the Option key to reveal the hidden folder
- Select Library and manually navigate to Logs > Artix Entertainment, LLC > AQ3D
- Find the file named "Player.log"and“Player-prev.log”
Submit a ticket to Artix Support and attach your log files here.
You can also click on the gold gear at the top left of the login screen to go to your settings. Under General, please scroll down and you can check the box that says 'Debug Output Log' and then you can send Artix Support screen shots of the log that show any yellow and/or red errors.
Other possible Steam issues:
- If you click PLAY via the game in Steam and no screen shows to login, there be an error in the display settings if you are using Windows 10. You can change your settings by going to windows settings > display > display adapter properties > Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Graphics Properties > maintain aspect ratio > apply.
- For UI (interface) issues - have you turned your keybindings off using hot keys? Check your keybindings to see if you have accidentally turned your UI off using a hotkey! You can find the keybind settings in the Main Menu.
- If you are having a Steam resolution issue, click the gold gear at the top left of the screen and go to Game Settings, and click the computer icon at the left to change your resolution.
- If your screen is pink, please read the News post about this unfortunate issue.
If none of these options work for you, please contact Artix Support for further investigation.
If you actually are having an issue with an in-game bug, please report it to the Bug Tracker.