Do you love the Artix Games and want to help out? The Artix Game Teams include several different types of roles of people who all work together to keep the game safe, fun and functional at all times!
Here are links with more information:
Here's a quick rundown of what kind of Staff we have and how to become one:
- Developers - Also called Devs, this role includes the coders, artists, animators, writers and all the others on the team who build the games. They are the ones who write the adventures, program the game engine, compose the music, draw the items and animate the monsters and cutscenes! We hire Devs very rarely and when we do, it is usually someone who is already actively submitting contributions to us. Usually you will need to have a university degree and/or several years of professional work experience in their field.
- Player Support - This role includes 3 departments of team members who are dedicated to helping players with issues that happen inside or outside the game:
- In-game Moderators (Mods, MMOs only) help you in-game, monitor and protect the game from anyone breaking the Artix Rules, and who review player reports and hand our bans/mutes as necessary. When one of the Artix Games needs new Mods,the Game Teams will make an announcement in their Design Notes. Usually a call for new Mods is issued a few times a year. You MUST be 18 years old or over to apply and send us ALL of the information requested to be considered. Emailing Artix Support and asking to be a mod does not mean we will hire you.
- Artix Support answers all email and contact inquiries sent through the Help Pages for any account, payment or technical issues outside of the game. Usually we only hire someone who lives close to where Artix Entertainment is located.
- The Forums Staff helps you with game issues or any issues you have using the Forums. When the Artix Games need help with the BattleOn Forums, usually the Forums Staff hires from within. They honor players with special titles who are helpful to others in the Forums and it is those players they pick from to be hired for Forums Staff.
- Testers - This role includes staff and players who have generously dedicated their free time to help test our games when new content or functionality is released. They help figure out if anything is missing, broken, unbalanced or just plain weird! If any of the Game Teams need more Testers, they will usually post an announcement on their website.
- Bug Hunters - Also known as the Bug Squashers, this role is for any staff and players who have also dedicated their precious free time who help read through reports of bugs/glitches/typos/etc in game that need to be fixed that are sent through the Artix Entertainment Bug Hunter System. They squash those nasty bugs so all of our players experience fun, seamless, and uninterrupted game play! If a Game Team needs more Bug Hunters, they will post an announcement in their Design Notes.
- Admins - This role includes specific staff members (who are also devs or player support) who work in the game admins to release content, build stuff for the game, research account/payment issues, depending on their position.
Keep in mind that having colored name in one of our MMOs can be a lot of fun but it is also a lot of hard work! You are representing the game so you have to be mature, smart and very patient. MMO players are always excited to see someone with a gold name in game and will always ask a ton of questions and will need help.
Thank you so much for your interest and for supporting the Artix Games!