To prevent disconnects and other things that can severely impact the performance of the game, we recommend disabling certain programs when playing our game, and then re-enabling these programs once you are finished playing.
Please try and disable then re-enable these programs to see if this helps any game disconnects:
- Windows Defender
- Any 3rd Party Software that may alter the game client - this includes any cheating/hacking programs, which are not allowed!
- Any streaming services active in the background - this includes any music or video programs you have open
- Certain IRC clients
- Try unequipping your pet to see if that helps
Other things that can affect your game play are:
- Unusually high latency
- A wireless connection that has intermittent latency spikes
- Any other clients or programs running in the background
- Too many tabs open in your web browser
Here is how you can check your latency:
- Login to AQWorlds and choose the Twilly server
- Go to your Start Menu, and type CMD
- Type the following: ping 126.96.36.199
- Check the values in the 'time' column
- If the number is above 250 or if it spikes to 1000 or more, you may have a connection issue and need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance
PLEASE NOTE - We are not responsible for any issues caused to your registry for trying these suggestions.
If you are disconnecting while playing the game you should also make sure you are not doing the following:
- Picking up stackable items by clicking more than one of the same type on the same screen
- Spamming class skills by clicking or pressing the button repeatedly before the skill is ready