Like all MultiPlayer Games, lag can sometimes be an issue when playing AQWorlds. If lag is becoming a problem for you, here are some of the most common causes of lag and how to reduce it:
- Screen is zoomed in - Zooming the screen in is a significant source of lag. We do offer 4 different game box sizes to play in. Please reset your zoom to 100% and choose one of the preset sizes.
- Pets! - As cute as they are, pets can also be very laggy. You can try unequipping them, and also using the game options menu to make them not show. When you use the options menu, it will cause everyone’s pet to not show.
- Highly animated items - AQW has lots of fun and flashy items. This sometimes means lag will play a factor. Just like pets, many items can be set to not show in the game options menu. The items you can set not to show are cape, helm and pets.
- Screen resolution - Not all graphics cards are equal. Some handle high detail better than others. For this reason we have 4 resolution settings. High, med, low and auto. Auto is an adaptive setting which will lower your resolution to help provide the best frame rate possible.
- Turn off other sites - Streaming sites like YouTube can cause massive lag problems with other sites.
- Don't use any cheat program to login! - They can cause problems, and your account can be permanently disabled for doing so! We will not help you if you've been cheating.
- Scan your computer regularly - This will help eliminate any viruses, spyware, trojan software or ad-ware on your computer that could be causing lag.
- Flash issue - Make sure that you’ve updated your Flash player! If an updated version of Flash does not work, you can downgrade to Flash version 10 or 11 as they may work better. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling your Flash Player.
If you have tried all of these and you still experience excessive lag, please try the following:
- Right click on the AQW Screen
- In the box that appears, click Settings
- On the first tab of Settings screen, uncheck the box for Enable Hardware Acceleration
- On the third tab of the Settings screen, slide the bar over to the right to allow unlimited storage of AQW files on your computer
Finally, you can check how your video input is handled. If you have onboard (integrated) graphics as opposed to a video card, the game may not run well on highest quality settings. WikiHow’s page on graphics cards can help you determine what type of graphics input you have.
PLEASE NOTE - If you HAVE NOT tried ALL of the steps above before contacting us, we may ask you to do them before we can offer any other solutions. 99% of technical problems are solved by clearing your browser's cache and restarting your computer or browser.
Also, what you are experiencing could be the result of a bug/glitch in the game. Please report all bugs for AQWorlds via the Artix Entertainment Bug Hunter System! We have a team of BugHunters who will look for any bugs, glitches, typos, etc and SQUASH THEM!