A payment dispute means the person who made the payment or the person whose financial information was used contacted their credit/card company and bank and PayPal or Stripe and stated they did not make the payment or there was some other kind of issue.
The most common reasons a payment is disputed is:
- The person who made the payment or the person whose financial information was used contacted their credit card company/bank, PayPal, Stripe, or us and stated they did not make the payment and/or stated it was unauthorized or fraudulent.
- The order was not received yet and is either still in transit or is being held by customs
- The payment was disputed by accident because the person who made the payment or the person whose financial information was used did not recognize the payment on their financial statement.
- There was not enough money in the credit card, bank account, PayPal account or other payment account that was used.
- There was a duplicate payment and the person who made the payment or the person whose financial information was used disputed the payment instead of contacting us for a refund.
- PayPal or Stripe put a hold on the payment for some reason.
There are several types of disputes including a chargeback, claim or inquiry. Here is more information about PayPal's and Stripe's disputes:
- A chargeback is the most serious kind of dispute as this mainly means the payment was disputed as unauthorized or fraudulent. We take any kind of unauthorized or fraudulent payments very seriously as this usually means a credit/debit card, PayPal account or other payment account was stolen. Making an unauthorized/fraudulent payment is against HeroMart's Terms & Conditions. Any associated Artix/Game Accounts are disabled when any HeroMart disputes are received until the dispute is resolved and any fees are repaid in full.
- A claim (usually an unauthorized claim) is when the buyer is claiming the payment is unauthorized or there is some other kind of issue. PayPal places the payment on hold until the claim is resolved.
- An inquiry is when PayPal or Stripe places a payment on hold as there seems to be some kind of issue. Usually we do not know why an inquiry is opened and the payment is on hold until the inquiry is resolved.
If we were contacted by a person whose financial information was used without their permission, we do issue refunds as per our Refund and Return Policy. All associated Artix game accounts are also disabled.
If you have any questions about a dispute, please email Artix Support.