If you tried to make a payment to us via PayPal or Stripe and received a message that the payment failed or declined, this means that something happened when you were trying to make the payment which prevented it from being accepted.
The most common reason a payment fails/declines is:
- Entering wrong information including billing address, credit/debit card information
Other common reasons your payment won't go through are:
- Reaching any applicable monthly purchasing limits
- There is an issue with your bank/credit card account; not enough money, for example
- You are entering a billing address in one country but are physically in another
- There is some other issue with your location, billing address, card or financial accounts
Information about Pre-Authorizations:
If you are using a debit card, you may see a pending charge which means that the banking system has put a temporary hold on the funds. This is called a pre-authorization, and it means the bank will return that money to you once they confirm the payment was declined. Most pre-authorizations in the US will drop off in 5 business days or longer, depending on your financial institution. Most pre-authorizations outside of the USA will drop off in 5-10 business days. Holds in Australia or New Zealand can take 30 days or longer.
Please contact PayPal directly via their Help Center or Stripe via their Support Site if you need to find out exactly why your payment failed or was declined. Please note, if you need to contact Stripe directly, you will have to create a Stripe account if you don't have one yet.